Monday 27 June 2016

Soap And Glory Wonderbronze

I'm been using Benefit Hoola religiously for bronzing on contouring everyday for over a year now, and I've finally come to the end. Although I love that bronzer (like serious, it's incredible) I'm always happy to try something else. Soap & Glory have been my go to drugstore brand of choice over the past year, and after loving Solar Powder, I decided to give it's more shimmery counterpart a whirl. It retails at £11 which is over half the price of my Hoola, bonus.


Let's start with the packaging; unlike Solar Powder, Wonderbronze is a plastic compact. Inside it has a large mirror which is handy for people like me who don't ever carry mirrors in their handbag. The compact clicks shut easily and seems to take a good battering being bumped about in my bag on a daily basis. The bronzer itself is incredibly shimmery, which usually is the opposite of what I'd go for. However, it does have a multi wheel of shimmery tones from more deeper bronzers to the brightest of highlighting tones.


So how does it apply then? I expected this to be strongly pigmented and glittery when applied but it's actually surprised me. It quite sheer although you can build it up obviously, but I wouldn't recommend it for contouring if you like a stronger contour like myself. When the colours are mixed together on a brush, it leaves you with a golden toned bronze which is perfect for adding some glow and sun kissed colour onto the face. It doesn't look over shiny or have large shimmer partials, making it quite natural and very wearable. Overall, I really like this bronzer, but just as that, I think Hoola will have to get a repurchase to satisfy my contouring needs.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sadly I think Wonderbronze has been discontinued 😭 I don't know what to use now. Any recs?

    ReplyDelete

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig