Sunday 5 June 2016

Keeping Things Simple...

I'm not one to dabble in skincare that doesn't grace a high end counter; with trying to be more money savvy and going through an absolute mare with my skin the past few weeks, I'm willing to give anything a try. Going through my teens with horrendous skin taught me a lesson that less is more, especially if you have super sensitive skin like mine. I've found that the more natural and less harsh, the better my skin will react to it. Simple was a massive part of my skincare years ago, with it's basic and natural ingredients I thought I'd give it another go in a bid to clear my skin up.


I picked up the Refreshing Facial Wash Gel, Soothing Facial Toner and Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30. With hotter weather making a comeback, I wanted to keep my skincare as refreshing yet hydrating enough to keep me protected through the sunny days. Simple says no to  harsh, artificial perfumes and colours that can upset your skin, which means it'll be gentle enough for the most sensitive of skin types. It's early days using the products but I thought I'd give you a mini review on my thoughts so far...

Simple Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash: Being a classic, I'm sure most of you will already know the stich on this one. A light refreshing gel wash used with warm water twice a day, doesn't contain any soap but foams up nicely leaving you feeling squeaky clean without stripping the skin of it's natural oils. Perfect for those of you with oily/combination skin. Doesn't irritate or break me out, top trumps for this one!

Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner: I never see toner as an essential but I'm gonna try and stick out all 3 steps religiously. This will always remain the only toner I can use without breaking me out or causing irritation to my skin. Extremely gentle, applied onto a cotton pad and swept over my face after cleansing twice a day. I don't feel it does a whole lot and cold water splashed over your face after cleansing does as good a job at closing the pores. But does feel lovely and refreshing and catches pesky bits of make-up missed by cleansing alone.

Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Moisture Cream: Having been a fan of the Hydrating Light Moisturiser before, I decided to give this more revamped version a try. Getting older, I am becoming more conscious of using SPF on my face, and although I use a high end moisturiser now, it doesn't contain any. For a cheaper product to contain SPF 30 is fab. I expected it to be thick and heavy on my skin but it sinks in an absolute dream and doesn't leave me looking like an oily mess, it provides the perfect base for make-up.


I'm super pleased with the products, always makes me wonder why I bother spending a fortune on high end things when I can get the same results if not better with much cheaper ones. I'll always recommend Simple products from those just starting out with skincare to those who just want to keep things minimal and basic. And it's perfect for those of you with sensitive skin which is always difficult to try out products for in case of inflicting more damage! Simple products are currently on 3 for 2 in all Boots stall so what better time to stock up?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig