Monday 18 January 2016

Viktor & Rolf Bonbon

You all know how much I love Flowerbomb right? When that hit the perfume market, every girl and her best friend went nuts for it, and rightly so, it's incredible! When I found out Viktor & Rolf were launching a second fragrance, I can't deny that I got a bit excited. Excuse me for being a bit late to the party, but when an expensive pretty bottle hits the market, I had to make choices and last year My Burberry won. However this year it was Bonbon's time to shine.


The bottle itself is designed on a bow (pretty obviously) however the colour is a gorgeous fuchsia pink with a pale rose gold lid. It's definitely one that'll sit pretty on your dressing table and stand out from your other perfumes. At £69 for 50ml, it isn't on the cheap side, but being a eau de parfum it does tend to linger around a little longer meaning you'll use a little less than it's eau de toilette counterparts.
 
As for the scent; it is super sweet, but I didn't expect any less. If you're a fan of floral or spiced scents then you probably won't like this, but if you're like me and love anything borderline sickly, then this ticks all the right boxes. The density hits on you the first spray with top notes of mandarin, orange and peach; as it begins to settle it's heart notes of caramel, jasmine and orange blossom become apparent. To even out the mixture of sweet notes, the base notes include a combination of cedarwood, guaiac wood, sandalwood and amber.

 
Sweeter perfumes tend to remind me of cheaper scents, however this one is up there on my top spot right now, I actually can't get quite enough sniffs! The only downfall is that I find it doesn't tend to linger quite as much as I hoped it would so I find myself constantly respraying meaning my bottle is taking quite a battering. For something quite pricey that can be a disappointing factor. In true Viktor & Rolf spirit, the price tag will never be enough to stop be repurchasing as usual. The scent will carry through nicely to warmer months as well as being completely wearable throughout winner. My only regret is not getting this sooner.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig