Tuesday 12 January 2016

Face Of The Day #02

I'm very much a basics girl when it comes to make-up, give me a neutral eye and a nude lip any day and I'm good to go. However, over the past few months I've been branching out into deeper tones with my palettes. In the colder seasons, purples become more popular. I've never been one to pull off colour, but having a play around, I came up with this. It's been my go to face of an evening throughout winter and it's dead simple yet make it look like you've put in a bit of effort!


Products That I Used: Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer in 02 Alabaster*, Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in Light*, Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, MAC Burgundy Times Nine Palette, Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil, L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Feline Mascara, L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim Liquid Eye Liner, MAC Rebel Lipstick.

*Colour used will vary due to skin tones and hair colour


I began by applying Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer to my face using the Clinique Foundation Brush. I then went in with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer around my nose and under my eyes and buff this in lightly using a Real Techniques Setting Brush. To set this I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, applied with the Real Techniques Bold Metals 100 Arched Powder Brush. I then went on to contour my face using Benefit Hoola Bronzer just around the edges of my forehead and under my cheek bones using a Real Techniques Sculpting Brush. For my brows, I followed the natural shape of my brows and then evened them out using a Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil.

For my eyes, I used my MAC Burgundy Times Nine Palette. Taking the colour Honey Lust I applied it opaquely over my lids using a Real Techniques Bold Metals 200 Oval Shadow brush to pack on the pigment. Then I took the colour Star Violet with the Real Techniques Bold Metals 201 Pointed creased brush and applied this to the crease of my lids. With the same brush I took some of the Sketch colour and put this in the outer corner of my lids. I then blended all of this to smooth out any edges with the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. I then lined my eyes and created a cat flick effect using the L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim Liquid Eye Liner. I finished the look off by using two coats of L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Feline Mascara on my top and bottom lashes; and a sweep of MAC Rebel Lipstick on my lips.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig