Friday 13 November 2015

MAC Craving Lipstick

Some may say I'm a bit of a lipstick snob and I'll refuse to put my paws on anything that isn't high end. It's one of those products I find you really do get what you pay for. With the colder months lurking on us, it's time to give my colour palette a little vamp. I'm a big fan of reds and nudes but cannot touch anything pink as it just doesn't suit me at all. So I thought I'd dabble in a bit of plum, but nothing too scary to start with.
 
 
Craving is deep warm plum toned pink which makes it super wearable in the day time as well as for date nights. I choose it specifically for colder months, however I've come realise it's actually pretty versatile and would look just as great worn in the summer. It comes in the Amplified finish which means it's super pigmented and creamy meaning it won't dry your lips out. I also find these sorts of formulas very easy to apply without a liner or brush as they glide on so smoothly without dragging the lips. I do find it does wear off quite easily when I'm out for meals or drinking a lot throughout the day so be sure to keep it in your bag for top ups throughout the day.


When I spotted this on the MAC website, I did expect it to have more of a purple tone to it. I do find it leans towards the pink more but I still find it suits me well. It is rather opaque and glossy so I do find I need to blot it a little as glossy lips aren't really my thing. MAC lipsticks aren't the cheapest at £15.50 and going up year on year but they last forever and for the quality they are worth every penny. I feel this shade would suit paler to medium complexions most but applying it more sheer etc. could work for darker skin tones too. I'm sure this is a lipstick I'll be reaching for religiously over winter.
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig