Tuesday 3 June 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil


Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil The Body Shop £10

I'm a massive fan of cleansing oils and balms, they are far more superior than using make-up wipes and cleansing creams and milks to remove make-up. I've been a massive fan of the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, but at £21 a tub, it isn't the cheapest for a make-up remover. After doing my research I came across The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil which seemed like a good alternative at less than half the price.

The product is hosted in this very practical plastic bottle with a pump. As I travel around a lot, I find this hugely convenient, I'd hate for a glass bottle to smash or a screw top to come loose and leak oil all over my clothes etc. The clear bottle also allows you to see how much product you have left so you don't surprisingly run out.

To remove my make-up I use two pumps of the oil and massage into a dry face, you then add water to emulsify the oil. You can instantly feel your make-up melting away under your fingertips. It is slightly alien at first as you can see all kinds of make-up being wiped around your face but when you feel you've worked around the face enough you can remove with water. I like to use a muslin cloth so I can thoroughly remove everything. The formula is super gentle and soothing, it thoroughly cleanses the skin and removes all traces of make-up whilst nourishing the skin and not leaving it dry and irritated.

What surprised me the most was that it didn't leave any oily residue behind whatsoever. I have the oiliest skin ever and usually resort to harsh face washes to get rid of the oil. However, I have also been using this as my general cleanser instead of a face wash and my oil production has seriously calmed down, as well as any breakouts I may have had before. The skin looks so glowy, hydrated, clear and healthy. Did I mention their products are 100% cruelty free? This product has seriously changed my skincare so much, I honestly can't recommend it enough.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig