Monday 19 May 2014

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam vs. Cleansing Bar


I've been using Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions skincare for a few months now and their cleanser is an absolute staple in my skincare routine. However, it never occurred to me before that there is another option. Clinique will generally recommend you the cleansing foam but there is a cleansing bar too. They both do pretty much the same job obviously, they just come in different forms. I haven't found a blog post which compares the two of them. I've used both for quite a while now so I thought I'd share my views on the pros and cons to each and which one is better.


Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam Clinique £15.50

The cleansing foam is a liquid solution in a bottle with a pump, it comes out directly as a foam when pumped. two to three pumps of this is enough to cleanse the whole face. The smell does smell quite strong and clinical like an acne treatment but I actually love the smell of this. It feels strange cleansing with such a fluffy foam and it does disappear quickly when worked into the skin. It cleansing well and removes make-up, it doesn't leave my face feeling dry, irritated or tight afterwards. The only problem I have with the product is that the bottle doesn't seem to go very far. Within a month or sometimes sooner it's completely gone.



Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Bar Clinique £14.50

The cleansing bar is a solid soap which when used with water and massaged with hands, creates a soapy lather in your hands. It comes with it's own soap tray which stores it and allows for convenience whilst traveling. It doesn't smell as strong as the foam, it has a slight scent but nothing more unusual as other mild soaps. I tend to use the product quite generously and work into my skin thoroughly. When worked into the skin it doesn't disappear like the foam and a little goes a long way. I feel like I've cleansed better using the bar as I've had more product to work with, mainly due to the formation of the bar. It cleanses deeply, however like other soaps, it can make your face feel squeaky when washing off but not tight or uncomfortable when dried. You can also use this for other areas of your body where you experience acne such as your chest and back. The bar just goes on and on forever, I've been using mine for a month now and it hardly shrunk in size. The only downside if that the bar is a lot messier and soggy than the foam for storage as the bar has the dry but nothing inconvenient.


So which ones the winner? Overall, I think they are both great cleansers. I like them both for different reasons. I like the packaging and smell of the cleansing foam. But I like the deeper cleanse and longevity of the bar. I would probably say the bar is a better option as it is multipurpose and is better value for money. They both are great for blemish prone skin no matter what your skin type is and I highly recommend the whole Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions range.



SHARE:

4 comments

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig