Saturday 8 March 2014

Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Make-Up

I've been wearing MAC foundations for the past 2 years and as it was my first high-end foundation, the vast improvement led me to believe I'd found everything I needed, but I hadn't. I'd been having terrible trouble getting any base to stay on my face for more than a few hours and it would oxidise terribly. As I used Clinique skincare, I thought I'd visit a counter and try something from their instead. They sat me down and assessed what I wanted from a foundation and my skin type and then recommended me a few products. As I have blemish prone skin and oily skin I decided the Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Make-Up was perfect for me and was colour matched properly and came away with my very own bottle.


It is targeted towards those who would require their Anti-Blemish Solutions 3 step. Although this is targeted for all skin types with blemish prone skin, the foundation itself sets very matte and would suit those with oily/combination to very oily skin. I was colour matched to shade 01 fresh alabaster which is their palest shade. I am fairly pale myself but there are people with much fairer skin than me so I wouldn't say the colour range is fantastic.


The product comes in a plastic bottle with a squeeze tube nozzle. I personally prefer a high end foundation to come in a glass bottle with a pump, as you're paying more money you expect better quality from the packaging too. However, I don't mind too much as I travel a lot and therefore the bottle is more durable and the nozzle allows to fully control the amount you squeeze out so you don't waste product. The foundation is targeted at blemish prone skin as it contains 0.5% salicylic which is the active ingredient that fights spots and also prevents new ones from appearing.


without foundation


with foundation

The foundation applies very nicely, it isn't very thick and therefore blends lovely with either a flat foundation brush or a buffing brush. I use a large pea size amount to cover my whole face, I can't comment on how long the bottle lasts as it's a relatively new purchase. I would say the coverage is moderate, it is marketed at moderate/full coverage and build-able, however I've used two layers before and it doesn't cover as well as other foundation I have used. It has a very matte finish to it, almost powder like and controls oil incredibly well. It lasts on the skin a good 8 hours although I do powder every few hours too. The finish looks very natural and not too heavy unlike other foundations of its kind.

The foundation is retailed at £24 for 30ml which is a little pricey. However, for the quality and the fact its the first foundation I have found which stays on my skin all day, I think its well worth its price tag and would happily repurchase. As for the anti-blemish, I have found my skin has produced less spots since using the foundation.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig