Monday 3 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

You all know how much I fell in love with the Naked 2, so it was no surprised that I couldn't wait to get my hands on their latest palette, The Naked 3. I never owned the first palette as I didn't really see the attraction. The second pulled me in with it's host of wearable shades that carry you through morning to evening looks. However, I am so excited about this one. As always they like to thrown in a sample to compliment their palettes, this time it was 4 sample sizes of their Primer Potion which last a week each. I think this is my favourite extra so far!



So what's different about the packaging then? They've stuck with the tin packaging which I'm super happy about. I find this super easy to travel with and it's supper sturdy and easy to wipe clean should it get dirty. They've changed the colour of the tin to reflect the shade of the palette, the tin is a gorgeous shade of rose gold with gold writing on it. The tin also has some groves to it, I don't know why they've done this but I'm guessing so it makes easier to differentiate between the Naked 2 and 3 when you're in a rush. They've also kept the huge mirror which I like a lot.


They've also thrown in a double ended brush with synthetic hairs, not the biggest fan as I use my better quality brushes but a nice little addition to those who many not own any/many brushes. The palette hosts 12 gorgeous rose-hued eye shadows - 3 matte shades and 9 shimmers.

  • Strange – “a pale neutral pink matte-satin“.
  • Dust – “pale metallic pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter“.
  • Burnout – “light pinky-peach satin“.
  • Limit – “light dusty rose matte“. 
  • Buzz – “metallic rose shimmer with silver micro-glitter“.
  • Trick - “light metallic pinky-copper shimmer with tonal micro-sparkle“.
  • Nooner – “medium pinky-brown matte“.
  • Liar – “medium metallic mauve shimmer“.
  • Factory – “pinky-brown satin“.
  • Mugshot – “metallic taupe shimmer with slight pink shift“.
  • Darkside – “deep taupe-mauve satin“.
  • Blackheart - “smoky black matte with rosy red micro-sparkle".


(Left to Right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit)


(Left to Right: Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar)


(Left to Right: Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart)

The palette is a cooler, pink toned version of the Naked 2. This is aimed more at those with cooler complexions (MAC NW's) as opposed to those of us who suited the Naked and Naked 2 better. However, I'm very olive toned and I think the shades are gorgeous and find them totally wearable, so each to their own opinion I guess. Also, I'm not usually one for shimmers but the one's in this palette are exceptional. My favourites shadows are Strange, Limit, Buzz and Blackheart.

The palette retails for £37 which is pricey, but for the number of shadows and quality I think this totally reasonable. I have been using my Naked 2 religiously for the past year and half and my shadows are still going strong! I'm seriously impress with the palette and actually prefer it to the other 2 which I didn't think I would, something about rose gold makes me swoon!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig