Monday 6 January 2014

Benefit Whole Lotta Lovin' Make-Up Kit

Every year make-up brands bring out amazing gift sets and each year I'm left disappointed that I never get given one. Over the past few years where I've became somewhat a make-up obsessive, these sort of gifts appeal to me so much more because I know I'll'll  get use out of them and it allows me to try products from brands before having to go out and commit to spending money on something I may not like.


My brother asked me what I wanted for Christmas a few weeks ago, and with a bigger budget than he's had in previous years. I thought this was a great opportunity to try one of my favourite brands gift sets, Benefit. Benefit bring out some really great little kits, especially at Christmas time. I love the majority of Benefits make-up selection but never have the funds to try new things out.

The kit I wanted was sold out so I went with the Whole Lotta Lovin' kit. What I liked about the kit is that it includes a variety of products from eyes to cheeks to face.


The Whole Lotta Lovin' kit includes:
They're Real Mascara 4g
Longwear Powder Shadow in Nude Swings, It's Complicated and Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy 3x 0.8g
Creaseless Cream Shadow in No Pressure 3.2g
Boi-ing in 02 1.2g
Hoola 2g
Talent Brush/Fruff Shadow Brush
Concealer Brush

I'm already a massive fan of Hoola bronzer and They're Real Mascara, both cult beauty products and massive favourites of mine, despite not being able to purchase them often because of their price tag. Some products really suprised me. I wasn't expecting much from the eye shadows and I've never used cream shadow before and saw them more as products they'd thrown in the use up the space. However, I really love all of them and found the colours were super complimentary to my dark eyes and paler skin tone. They were all stayed put on my lids and blended really well.

I've heard great stuff about Boi-ing before yet I've never tried it, which is strange considering I'm always on the look out for high coverage concealer. The only part of this set I was disappointed with was the brushes. I never expect much from brushes in these set as they are clearly cheaply made. It's hard to appreciate these kind of brushes when you're used to the delights of Real Techniques and MAC. However, if you don't own any brushes or don't spend much on these, they will certainly do the job for you and are a nice little addtion. I personally would of prefered another mini product instead as I will use my own brushes.


It also has a little guide in it which shows you how to create a look using everything in the palette, I had a little go on Christmas day with the eye make-up tutorial and really loved the look. It's definitely a bonus for people who may not be confident enough to just get stuck in.

Overall, this little kit is definitely good value for money retailing at £25. These sort of sets will be more frequent on my wishlist in future Christmases as I've loved being able to try new products without paying anything! They also make great presents, I picked up The Bronze of Champions as my Secret Santa for one of my flatmates and she loved it! Although some sets are limited edition to Christmas, Benefit have loads of regular kits all year round.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig