Saturday 7 September 2013

Liz Earle Skincare Regime

I'm sure most of you will have some point have heard of the famous Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. If you aren't already knowledgeable, Liz Earle are a skincare brand who practice in natural ingredients. Although the cleanser is their most popular products, there are definitely some gems amongst the rest of their collection. Liz Earle have a monthly offer of their 3 step regime for £43 with a different full sized product free for you to try.


The offer includes a full sized Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser and 2 muslin cloths. You also get a free full sized gift depending on what month you order. This package works out much cheaper than buying each item individually which is a bonus.

The Hot Cloth Cleanser is a creamy cleanser suitable for all skin types. With a dry face, using one pump, massage it into your skin and then use a warm damp muslin cloth wipe the product off the face using gentle circular motions. This action cleanses and exfoliates your face in one. The formula smells naturally of plant extracts and feels gentle and soothing on the skin. I found the action of having to use a cloth to remove it quite a drag but it does help to exfoliate the skin well and thoroughly remove make-up. It also prevents the soaking wet floor I seem to get when having to splash my face to remove product. It's so gentle you can even remove your eye make-up with it but I tend to used a separate remover to do this with. I do really rate this cleanser, however, because of my acne I personally need to use something with more spot fighting ingredients and this wasn't enough for me. It did help calm the redness and irritation I get with other cleansers which was good. On none spotty faces I think this would be an excellent cleanser and I would use it all the time if it wasn't for that issue.

The Skin Tonic toner is my favourite product of the range. It's a super gentle toner which can be applied to a cotton pad and gently wiped over the face closes pores and makes sure no tiny scrap of make-up or cleanser is left on the face. It smells really natural and is really soothing and refreshing on the face. Unlike other cleansers, it doesn't contain alcohol so it doesn't irritate the skin or leave it feeling tight and itchy. It really preps the skin well for moisturising. Skin is left really soft and calm, no redness in sight. I really love this product and would probably buy it on it's own.

I went for the combination/oily option for my moisturiser as I have moderately oily skin. The Skin Repair Light Moisturiser was my least favourite product. One or two pumps is enough for your whole face and it dries super quick leaving your face hydrated yet not dewy. However, I found that after only 15 minutes of using this my face was plastered in excess oil production. At first I thought I may have used too much but no matter how much I used I got the same effect. For a moisturiser targeted at oily skin, I felt like I was using something targeted for very dry skin, it left a horrible film of oil/cream all over my skin and I had to cleanse my face again to get rid of it.

Overall, I really enjoyed using the cleanser and toner. I would repurchase them again and recommend to those of you wanting something gentle yet effect in your skincare regime. Now I can't speak of behalf of other skin types but I really hated the moisturiser and individually priced at £18, it was the worst product I'd ever used. I don't use Liz Earle as part of my skincare regime anymore but I passed my products onto my Mom to try and she loved them so much that she's been using them for almost a year now.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have been looking for some natural skincare products! Great Post!
    staygorgeous17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really great products, I just wouldn't recommend the moisturiser but it might work on other people's skin! x

      Delete

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig