Saturday 3 August 2013

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser

Moisturising is such a chore but an essential part to having healthy, hydrated skin all year round. If you're anything like me, it's one of those steps that only gets remembered on a weekend as weekdays are such a rush in the morning to even have time to shower as it is. I'm always one to try new products on the market that promise to make my life easier but deliver the same effects that the original product does.


I'm pretty sure most of you have probably heard about Nivea's new take on moisturising. The In-Shower Body Moisturiser promises to deliver the same effects as a moisturiser that you'd use after showering but used in the shower as a 'body conditioner'. You 'shampoo' your skin using your regular body wash and rinse off and then use this 'conditioner' all over and also rinse off. There are two kinds, one for normal skin and one for dry skin. I haven't seen many reviews contrast the different in them so I thought I'd give you my take on them.


This is the version for normal skin. I have applied a small amount to my hand and rubbed it in. It has a light consistency yet is very moisturising and hydrating on the skin. However I do consider myself to have normal skin and I didn't find it was moisturising enough. This version contains sea minerals and is suitable for those of you who don't require much hydration.


This is the version for dry skin. I have applied the same amount to my hand and rubbed it in. It has a thicker consistency and as you can see it is a lot heavier than it's normal equivalent. I did find this suited my skin much better and left it feeling soft and hydrated. This version contains almond oil and is suitable for those of you who require good moisturising on a daily basis.

However, with both versions I still felt my skin also required a normal moisturiser as this alone didn't quite do the job. However I think it's a quick fix for those days where I don't have time to moisturise after a shower as I can do it quickly in 2 minutes and not have to wait for it to dry. It's fairly cheap retailing at £3.56 so it's not too harsh on your purse compared to other moisturisers. However I think the formula could be improved drastically, I don't find this to be a miracle product.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have some serious dry skin and these products look great.

    I'm about to make my first post on my new beauty blog, I'd love it if you took a look (http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this combo when I was in my teen ages. I was exploring the skin care space and this one from Nivea is quite common so I gave this my first try. Later I found that this is not the best body moisturizer that one can use, so simply switch to another one.

    ReplyDelete

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig