Wednesday 14 August 2013

Max Factor Wild Mega Volume Mascara

If I was only allowed to choose one item of make-up for the rest of my life it would be mascara, I'm an addict. My lashes are very long but fair like my natural hair colour. Therefore mascara really does wonders for framing my already large eyeballs. I'm a huge Max Factor fan and their False Lash Effect mascaras are up there at the top of the list of my all time favourite. So when they released their Wild Collection recently and I saw it hosted a new mascara, I had to give it a whirl.



It retails for a lot less than their other offerings, at £6.99 it appears to be a steal. The packaging is a lot different more classic packaging, it's very basic and screams 'teen just starting out make-up'. The tube holds 11g of product which I always favour as most mascaras run out super quick so you definitely get your moneys worth. 


The wand is interesting to say the least. It is made from bristles and is shaped in this hourglass formation. The bristles are pretty dense and the wand looks like it'd do a good job on the lashes as it's pretty big in size.

Do be warned, this isn't going to be a positive review.


So my impressions of Wild Mega Volume? One word, terrible. I has high expectations as Max Factor have never disappointed me. However, the impractical shaped brush made application a real faff and the clean up I had to do afterwards was not worth using mascara at all. The curve in the middle is completely useless and you have to use the ends to apply. The formula is very thin and the picture shows coats and coats of mascara yet it looks like I have 2 coats at the most, it left my lashes looking super stubby. Throughout the day it also left loads of flakes under my eyes, super attractive. If this mascara has any good points, I did find it worked okay as a first coat but then I had to go in with my Maybelline The Falsies to build up some volume and length. I wouldn't recommend this mascara at all, it's maybe average at best.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig