Friday 2 August 2013

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

When you have oily/combination skin, a finishing powder is essential to the majority of foundation applications. However, I like to use something light and not too heavy that is going to make my skin look cakey and completely matte all day. I've never used a setting powder without skin-tone colour to it before but I thought I'd take a gamble on something different.


MAC's Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder is a lightweight, colourless setting powder which is perfect for dusting over liquid foundations to set them in place and increase their longevity. It also helps to reduce shine as well as minimise the look of lines and imperfections. The powder is pressed in it's tin and appears a chalky white colour. When swatched it does look quite scary however when used on a powder brush it applies transparent and mattifies the face. It's great for people who don't want to add more colour to their face and because it's colourless it's suitable for all skin tones.


The powder is slightly on the pricey side retailing at £20. I did find it didn't last as long as other powders and I hit pan pretty quick. However I did think the powder did everything that it claimed, however it's claims of being 'transparent' were questionable. I did find it left my skin with quite a chalky finish and therefore I wouldn't recommend it for darker skin tones as it would lighten the complexion. I did have to top it up quite frequently as it did let my natural oils come through. I haven't repurchased but went back to MAC and brought a different product instead.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig