Friday 26 July 2013

Revlon ColorBurst™ Lip Butters

Recently I've been getting into using lip products on a more regular basis. I'm someone who shys away from lip colours as I find the precision in applying them and having to top them up an effort. I'm usually a lip balm and go kind of gal. However, when I came across the Revlon ColorBurst™ Lip Butters, I thought they'd be a good way to ease myself into using some colour without committing to something so fiddly.


The packaging is very Chanel-esqe with the quilted like lids. They are very compact and plastic which means they're great to pop in your handbag should you need to reapply throughout the day. 


The colour range is fantastic, I opted for the AW shades as they were very pink toned which is my main lip colour of choice. The formula is between a lipstick and a lip balm, They are very pigmented although some shades apply more sheer than others, however they are very build-able. They are very moisturising and don't show up too many lip sins so prep doesn't need to be too gruelling. They also don't require too much precision, although they are highly pigmented, you don't need to use a liner. You can use your finger to blend them out to reduce the level of shine and colour.


(Left to Right: Raspberry Pie, Macaroon, Berry Smoothie)

I really love these products and will probably invest in some more colours. They make great everyday lip colours although they do need topping up every now and then due to their creamy consistency which isn't as long wearing as a matte lip product. They can feel slightly sticky on the lips but no more than your average lipgloss. The darker shades can also bleed out slightly around the lip line but as long as you don't go too crazy and over apply then this shouldn't be an issue.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Abbroseee | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig